ETHICAL PRINCIPLES AND POLICIES
The ethical duties and responsibilities of authors, referees and editors in the publication ethics of
Journal of Interior Design and Academy(INda) are determined by considering ICMJE (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors) recommendations and COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) International Standards for Editors and Authors.
- The main purpose of the ethical principles applied in the Journal of Interior Design and Academy(INda) is to form the basis for the development and sharing of information in an impartial and respectful manner. In this context, it is important that all contributors (authors, researchers, publishers, editors, boards, referees and readers) comply with ethical principles and standards.
In accordance with the articles on ethical rules, "In studies requiring the approval of the ethics committee, information about the permission to obtain the necessary permissions should be included in the article". Accordingly, it should be stated in the article whether the permission of the ethics committee and / or legal / special permission is required in the articles to be published. If these permissions are required, it should be clearly presented from which institution, on what date and with which decision or issue number the permit was obtained. Articales requiring ethics committee approval are as follows:
- All kinds of research conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using questionnaire, interview, focus group work, observation experiment, interview techniques
- Use of humans and animals (including material / data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
- Clinical studies on humans,
- Research on animals.
The responsibilities of the referees;
- He / she should only agree to be a referee for articles related to his / her field of expertise.
- He / she must referee the articles she accepts.
- It should evaluate by considering the principles of impartiality and confidentiality. Nationality, gender, religious belief, political belief, and commercial concerns should not distort the neutrality of the evaluation.
- When it detects any conflict of interest, it should refuse to evaluate the article and report the situation to the editor.
- He / she is responsible for the confidentiality of the work until the article it evaluated due to the privacy principle of the journal.
- The data requested from him / her in the evaluation must be completely filled in the evaluation form in detail and must be sent back to the journal.
- He / she should state the reasons for him / her evaluations in a clear, understandable and persuasive manner, and explain their corrections and suggestions in a polite and constructive language. He / she should avoid insulting or hostile comments.
- He / She is responsible for preparing the evaluation report for the studies that he / she accepts to evaluate, within the time allotted to his / her and within the framework of ethical principles.
- Responsible for complying with Publication Ethics.
- The time to referee should not exceed the defined time.
Responsibilities of Editor and Assistant Editors;
- He / She should strive to respond to the information needs of authors and readers, to improve and develop the journal, and to improve the quality of the content of the studies to be published in the journal.
- He / She should support author's freedom of thought and protect their intellectual property rights. Defend the rights of the journal and the author(s) in case of infringement of intellectual property right. In addition, He / She should take necessary measures to ensure that the content of published articles does not infringe the intellectual property rights of other publications.
- He / She should ensure that the content to be published in the journal complies with the publication rules, and that the necessary ethics committee approvals have been obtained and that human and animal rights are not violated.
- inform authors and readers and ensure that information on journal policies is up-to-date and accessible. He / She should show clarity and transparency in terms of publication in matters that require disclosure.
- He / She should ensure academic integrity in the journal.
- In the evaluation process, he / she should take into account the original value of the articles, their contribution to the field, the validity and reliability of the research method, the clarity of the expression, and the purpose and scope of the journal in its positive or negative decisions.
- He / She should explain the reasons that an article rejected during the pre-evaluation process to the author. (The reasons and approaches of the referees should be explained clearly and it should be ensured that they meet certain standards)
- He / She should ensure that appropriate referees are selected in line with the content of the article and take care not to cause situations where there may be a conflict of interest.
- He / She should send the articles considering the field of expertise of the section editor and referees, and support the impartial and independent evaluation of the evaluaters.
- He / She should take care to keep the identity information of the referees and authors confidential during the double-blind peer review process.
- They should constantly renew the referee lists according to their field of expertise and work towards expanding the referee team.
- He / She is obliged to inform the referees' evaluations to the authors in a timely manner and to ensure that they are clear enough. He / She has to give authors the necessary time for correction.
- He / She should ensure that the referee reviews are made on time, in line with ethical rules, and are impartial, and should remove the referees who do not comply with these definitions from the database.
- He / She should determine the members of the editorial board, considering their areas of expertise and their contribution to the development of the journal, and follow up regularly.
- He / She should evaluate potential criticism and complaints with an objective perspective, and respond in an informative and understandable way, taking into account consistent criticism.
- He / She must keep records of the articles and related speeches.
- He / She is responsible for acting in accordance with the journal's publishing ethics, process and policies.
If situations such as the authors' manipulating the data used in the articles, distorting or using a fake text are detected, this will be officially reported to the institution where the author works and the article will be rejected.
- The articles they have submitted should not be published anywhere, and more than one journal should not be applied at the same time with the same study.
- Original studies must be submitted. (Research Article and Review).If there are partial or complete citations, the author is responsible.
- They should correctly cite and indicate the sources they use during their writing in line with ethical principles. the author is responsible.
- All authors should be knowledgeable about the study in which they are involved, and persons who did not contribute to the study should not be specified as authors.
- They should explain the situations that may constitute a conflict of interest of the articles they have applied for publication, along with their reasons.
- If the article is produced from a project or thesis, it should clearly indicate at the end of the work.
- They should interpret the data in the sources used in the study objectively.
- If they notice an error in their work during the process, they should inform the editor about their request for correction or withdrawal.
- If information or raw data is requested for their articles during the evaluation process, they should submit the expected information to the editors.
- For all researches requiring an ethics committee decision, they must have a document stating that they have obtained the necessary permissions and the consent of the subjects.
- They should provide evidence that they adhere to ethical principles in the data collection process (such as obtaining permission from others to use documents such as scale, questionnaire, photograph) in the article.
- They should not make requests such as adding or removing authors to the studies in the evaluation process, or changing the authers order.
- They must adhere to all the rules and responsibilities of Publishing Ethics.
- The article sent to the journal should not be sent in parallel to another journal.
- Notifying the Editor of Non-Compliance with Ethical Principles
In line with the determined principles, we request you to report a study or behavior that does not comply with ethical principles by e-mail.
- Special issues or additional issues are also evaluated depending on the criteria.
It consists of event reports such as congress / symposium etc. or articles on a specific subject. The relevant faculty member in the editorial board can serve as a Guest Editor, depending on the subject title.
- Conflicts of interest
Editors ensure that the publishing process is completed independently and impartially, considering conflicts of interest between author (s), referees and other editors.
Editors are obliged to ensure the protection of personal data handled in studies. It is responsible for refusing to work unless the express consent of the individuals is documented. In addition, the editors protect the individual data of the authors, referees and readers.
- Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
Editors are obliged to protect the intellectual property rights of the published articles. They are responsible for taking measures to ensure that the content does not infringe the intellectual property rights of other publications.
- Plagiarism Control
Within the framework of the ethical principles and responsibilities presented in the title of Publication Ethics, the authors should comply with the section. First submitted articles are checked for plagiarism with the iThenticate® (Plagiarism Detection Software) program. Articles with more than 20% similarity will be rejected.
- Ethics Committee, Human and Animal Rights
Editors have the right to reject whether they are responsible for seeking ethics committee approval for the study in order to ensure the protection of human and animal rights. In researches requiring ethics committee approval, information about permission (name of the board, date and number) should be included in the method section, as well as case reports in one of the first / last pages of the article, and information about the signing of the informed consent form should be included in the article.
- Relations with the journal owner and publisher
According to the principle of editorial independence, all decisions taken by the editors are independent of the publisher and the journal owner.
- Should not charge authors in any way.
Care should be taken to protect the property and copyright of every published article and to keep a record of every copy.
- Fee Policies
The Journal of Interior Design and Academy(INda) is an open access journal and its content can be accessed online at no cost. Therefore, it does not charge a product processing fees (APC) and article submission fee (ASC).
The Journal of Interior Design and Academy(INda) is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. CC BY-NC-SA